Filternox® engineering and test team conducted filtration tests at a local food company’s refinery clean tower point in October 2020. Tests were carried out with serially connected Filternox® NTU Terminator filters at flow rates of 2, 3 and 5 m3/h and under 2, 2.6 and 2.7 bar pressure.
Sample and System Images
|Pic 1. Filternox pilot filtration system||Pic 2. Left to right – Filter-1 inlet, Filter-1 outlet, Filter-2 outlet water samples|
|Pic 3. Filter-1 and Filter-2 drainage water samples||Pic 4. Filter-1 drainage tank|
Conclusion and Evaluation
In the filtration tests performed with the filtration of Filternox® NTU Terminator filters;
At Refinery Clean Tower Point:
- TSS removal was achieved on average of 47% in one stage and 67% in two stages.
- Turbidity removal was achieved on average 56% in one stage and 73% in two stages.
As a result of the filtration to be performed in the cooling line with Filternox® NTU Terminator filtration system;
- Lifetime of the tower filling will increase
- The amount of chemicals used in the system will be reduced
- The amount of tower blowdown water will be reduced
- Cooling efficiency will be increased
- Unnecessary stops / work interruptions will be prevented
- Operation, maintenance and energy costs will be reduced
- The cooling line will be protected from particles
With all of these mentioned benefits, cooling efficiency is increased incredibly.